Safety audit is the most comprehensive way for a company to gauge the efficiency, effectiveness and legality of its total health and safety management system.
In addition to ensuring that a business remains in compliance with the legislations, safety audits have the potential to identify and correct oversights that could, if left unchecked, lead to costly and tragic workplace injuries or fatalities
EGSS has basically 3 priorities in conducting Safety audit:
Uncover issues that endanger people’s health and safety.
Identify areas of non-compliance with occupational health and safety regulations.
Assess other opportunities to improve the program.
Our safety audits are a form of OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY RISK ASSESSMENT, we assess the risk and provide you with possible solutions based on the regulations and best practices.
INDUSTRIAL AUDIT: IS 14489-2018
- Systematic, critical appraisal of all potential hazards involving personnel, plant, services and operation method
- Ensure that OH&S system satisfies the legal requirement and those of company’s written policies, objectives and programs.
- Identification of area of OH&S which requires improvement
- Assessment of effectiveness of measures taken for controlling the hazards
- Recommendations of measure to strengthen the system
- Implementation of measures
- Monitoring of changes
Safety Audit shall be done in combination of External and Internal audit.
- Once in two years by an external party/ As per Statutory requirement.
- And once in every year by internal party
Industrial Safety by EGSS covers all aspects of safety and health majorly categorized into but not limited to:
- Health and Safety Policy
- Safety Inspections
- Safety Education and Training
- First Aid & Occupational Health Centre
- General Working Conditions – Housekeeping, Noise, Ventilation and Illumination
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Waste Disposal System
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Fire Protection
- Emergency Preparedness
- Machinery and Infrastructure Check
SAFETY REPORT (SCHEDULE 8 MSIHC RULES & MAH UNIT)
Prepare the safety report in case of any new industrial activity and submit a copy within 90 days to the concerned authority.
Carry an independent safety audit with the help of an expert, not associated with such industrial activities once in a year and submit a copy of the report within 30 days to the concerned authority.
Schedule-8 states the information to be furnished in the safety report.
CONSTRUCTION SAFETY AUDIT
Have you ever considered how safety audit can benefit your construction company?
Construction worksites and industrial facilities have their unique sets of safety challenges and issues. Making sure your company is set-up with the right customized safety management plan is your best option for ensuring compliance and employee protection.
EGSS has experts in place, just right for your site.
We perform safety audits as per the regulations and standards to make your site safe and compliant.
Outcome of the audit:
Identification of construction Hazards
Development of safety management plan
Recommendation for future improvement
OFFICE WORKPLACE SAFETY AUDIT
Generally, offices are considered safer to work as compared to industrial and manufacturing set up. But there are significant risks and hazards too.
Though the type of incidents can differ according to the setting, but some common workplace injuries can happen due to:
Office area (Slip, Trip Fall)
Equipment Hazard(Cutter, Shredder, Laminator)
Fire & Emergency Hazard
Benefits of Office Workplace Safety Audit:
Reduced sick leave and absenteeism
Legal cost and insurance saving
Productivity and gains
Workplace assessment for Safety and Hygiene (WASH)- Quality Council Of India
The assessment can be done as an on-site assessment or remotely through a virtual system of assessment by trained assessors. The assessment report generated will provide the applicant with an objective assessment of the safety and hygiene measures undertaken by them to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 infection.
UNCOVER YOUR WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES TODAY.